Monday 24 October 2011

Menu Week 24/10/11

MONDAY - Creamy pesto chicken, jacket potato, peas and roasted tomatoes
  • Mascarpone tomato & tuna sauce on pasta with homemade garlic bread
  • Fragrant pork rice one pot with homemade bread
  • Creamy beef and potato layer, carrots, broccoli and peas
  • Thai fishcakes with noodles
  • Roast chicken, Yorkshire puddings, mashed potatoes and vegetables  
Will choose what we fancy on the day from the list above.

Back on track this week. Hate it when things get in the way of my routine. Hated not knowing what to have for our meals last week and so glad I normally menu plan, makes life so much easier. Because I was on a course last Monday I could not do my usual shop. Tuesdays I'm too busy to go shopping, Wednesdays in bed because done a nightshift. Anyway, you get the picture so ended up shopping as I passed a shop and picking up something for a meal that day. I hate shopping this way. Come this weekend the cupboards and fridge have been bare. Ran out of lots of essentials and toiletries so today I was back on track and have replenished all my cupboards and fridge. Got a couple more Christmas presents too so my stash is building up. I bought a bag of nibbles to put away for Christmas too. I like to buy a bag of nuts or nibbly things and I stash them away each week and I have a good amount to cover Christmas and New Year and I don't notice the extra £1.00 - £2.00 each week.

No heating on yet. I admit to popping it on for a hour to take the chill out of the air in the morning when grandaughter was here this weekend and it was on for about an hour or so on a cold day last week but managing just fine without at the moment. Took advantage of the lovely breezy day today and have done a load of darks and a load of bedding and also decided to throw the dogs bed in the washer and get that done whilst its a good day for drying.

Oops look at the time. Better go and sort out tea.

6 comments:

  1. You sound so much better Karen! Thank goodness.

    I absolutely agree with you about menu planning. It does save money and time in the long run! Mr Sft loves knowing what's for dinner each night..bless him!

    I LOVE YOUR IDEA OF STOCKING UP WITH NIBBLES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR! Just genius!

    Amazed that you still haven't put the heating on.We put our storage heater on a week or so ago, otherwise our kitchen can get damp.
    Don't feel too bad about the log burner as it's all free wood.

    Well done for getting the washing done..it was certainly windy today!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your menu choices sound good to me and have inspired me - thankyou! I find I go off cooking every so often despite the many cookery books I have, and need to see someting like this to get me going again!
    Like you have resisited using expensive central heating (ours is oil!)but have got the woodburner going in the evenings as loads of wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better Karen. We still haven't had any heating on - we just wrap up with another layer or use a lap blanket. It's not just gillyflower using your menu planner posts for inspiration. I went through your blog last week looking again at all your menus for things I could make over the next month with what I have in the cupboards and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I just fancy your 'Creamy beef and potato layer, carrots, broccoli and peas'. I'm feeling hungry already. I'm afraid I don't menu plan - perhaps I'll have a try. Like you we've had the CH on for short bursts but we're resisting leaving it on all the time.
    Glad you're better.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. Sounds like you had a really tough time too. Lots of worry by the sound of it to. Its so hard as you do go through a period of thinking "why"?. I know what you mean about not liking them its the behaviour & it does not mean they are not loved. At the time you are feeling so hurt. She has gone in to emergency care at the moment, Its strange though as she is just being so matter of fact . Whole family is hurting. Thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments. Yes I am feeling a lot better now. Thank you for the comments on my menus too, thats lovely of you to say gillyflower, Scarlet and Mum.

    ReplyDelete