Thursday 6 October 2011

Great night with friends

Had a great night out with a lot of friends from the charity shop I volunteer at last night. It was a charity event to raise money for the charity we all volunteer for. Artists did a really good show for us and did not take a fee for performing choosing  instead to donate it to the charity night. They had a raffle to raise more money and we had a bucket collection to take everyones change they had left at the end of the night. Everyone had a great night and a lot of money was raised.

In true frugal style I went to the evening in a charity shop creation. Everything I wore was sourced from the charity shop except my trousers.

The top and necklace I bought last week. The sandals and bag were bought at the charity shop just before last Christmas. I love my little satin purse bag, it's a Jasper Conran bag.

My bracelets were bought from the charity shop too. A lot does not have to be spent to look smart for a night out.

Have you had any bargains from the charity shop lately?

6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous!!!! I never seem to get any clothes bargains in the charity shops around here but the do help feed my owl obsession as I can pick them uop very cheaply to had to my collection of ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you loook lovely,and i looooove the bag x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely, Karen. Glad the night was a success and that lots of money was raised. I never find bargains in charity shops, everything seems very overpriced around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to find a lovely faux suede Hooch coat, which kept me warm on this blustery day when I nipped out to post a letter. Your outfit looks great.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love charity shops, planning to visit my favourites over half term holiday.

    You look amazing, and what a great night out!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit looks lovely. I found a ' grandad' cardi at the local Cancer Help shop this week for £2.50. I was hoping KL wouldn't like it so that I could keep it for myself- it looked good with my skinny jeans and pumps. But, no she loves it and has worn it to college today.

    ReplyDelete