Monday 8 August 2011

Menu Week 08/08/11

MONDAY - Creamy pesto chicken/tofu, sauteed potatoes, roasted tomatoes & peas

TUESDAY - Sausages, mashed potatoes, vegetables, yorkshire puddings & gravy

WEDNESDAY - Lasagne, wedges & salad with homemade garlic bread

THURSDAY - Curry, rice and naan bread

We are then on holiday so no menu planning for nine days; I'm being cook for which will be lovely.

Bought some strawberries & cream today whilst shopping so decide to make something a little different to strawberries & cream for dessert.






HIGHLANDER SHORTBREAD

100g butter
50g sugar
100g plain flour
50g ground rice

Heat oven to 190C, Gas 5.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add flour and ground rice and mix well into a dough.
Roll out onto a piece of baking paper as the dough is quite difficult to handle.
Roll dough quite thin and place baking paper and dough onto a baking tray.
Bake for about 12 minutes.
Cut out round circles with pastry cutters and leave to cool.
when cool they will harden, lift the circles off the baking paper and they are ready to use.

I whisked some double cream with a few drops of vanilla extract. I placed a biscuit on a plate added cream then some strawberries the topped with a biscuit. Dust with icing sugar and top with a strawberry.

I just threw mine together but the others looked a lot neater. It was only when I remembered to take a photo that mine was the only one untouched so I had to have a picture of my messy dessert for my blog. Never mind, it tasted just as nice as the perfect ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment