Monday 13 June 2011

Menu Week 13/06/11




MONDAY - Starter-Wensleydale mushrooms. Omelet, jacket potatoes & beans
ME - No starter. Same meal

TUESDAY -Meatballs and spaghetti with homemade garlic bread
ME -Tuna tomato sauce & spaghetti

WEDNESDAY - Salmon en croute, New potatoes, peas & carrots
ME - Same

THURSDAY - Sausage, mash, vegetables and onion gravy
 ME - Veggies sausages, boiled potatoes, vegetables and onion gravy

FRIDAY - Leftover chicken & bacon in a sauce over vegetable rice
ME - Lentil & vegetable curry with rice

SATURDAY - Chicken curry and rice with naan bread
ME - lentil & vegetable curry and rice

SUNDAY - Roast Dinner

 Today I made a large bowl of pasta salad to have for my lunches through the week and for anyone else who fancies some.
I boiled some pasta and added half a packet of green beans. When cooked I added a drained tin of tuna, olives, cherry tomatoes, red onion and some peppers and marrow I roasted earlier. This was all combined with some dried oregano and a good drizzle of fat free dressing and then finished with quartered boiled eggs. It was a nice change from sandwiches for my lunch. The cost was £2.38 for the whole bowl full so I think that's very cheap because I will get about 5-6 servings from this bowl full.   


I used up some more leftovers from the freezer today to make a starter my lot love, Wensleydale mushrooms.



To make these I used some bacon bits I had already in the freezer and I used the Wensleydale cheese that was leftover from the party at the beginning of May. The family always enjoy these little pots of cheesy mushrooms.The recipe was from this site http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/wensleydalemushrooms_83714

1 comment:

  1. I bet the cheesy mushrooms were delicious, I might have to give that recipe a go myself. The pasta salad looks very appetising too.

    ReplyDelete