Thursday 14 April 2011

Looking forward to my treat tomorrow

I'm really looking forward to my treat tomorrow. Last year I booked to go on a vegetarian cooking course for a day and that day is finally here. I'm going here http://www.harmonyhousecookeryschool.co.uk/  We will be making two three course meals and eating what we make at lunch time along with demonstrations of dishes and snacks. So I shall take my camera and if I get a moment  and remember I shall take a few pictures.

Today daughter No 3 made the shortbread using some of the ground rice I wanted to get rid of in my challenge. They came out very well but not many left to take a photo of after we all had a taster.


SHORTBREAD

200g soft butter
85g sugar
60g ground rice
175g plain flour

Pre heat oven to 160C
Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy
Add flour and ground rice and form into a dough
Flour surface and roll dough out into a round
Place dough on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes
Remove from oven when cooked and cut into pieces and sprinkle with sugar

For tea tonight I made salmon fishcakes, homemade chips and homemade mushy peas.

Comfort stodge, yummy
The fish cakes are really easy to make, I mix mashed potato with a large tin of salmon (tin cost about £1.50) some lemon juice, a dollop of horseradish sauce and a dollop of mayo and some parsley. mix well then divide into 8. Coat with beaten egg then dip in fresh breadcrumbs ( I whizz a couple of crusts in the food processor). Fry in a little oil or bake in the oven on an oiled tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment