Thursday 25 November 2010

A chill in the air!

Woke up to a very chilly day. It was freezing on my early morning walk with the dog. We have had a light sprinkling of snow several times today. Decided to have a walk to the lake on our lunchtime walk as we had not been there for a while. Wish I hadn't bothered. On my approach to the lake I saw a lot of 4x4 cars all heading into the gates of a stately home on the edge of our village, thought nothing of it, then as I was walking along the edge of the lake a lot of gentry were walking to the lake with their guns and dogs. I then realise a shoot was going to start so headed to a spot I knew to get out of the way. I was heading for my escape when another crowd of gentry were coming in the spot I wanted to exit from. We exchanged "good afternoon" to each other then I quickly scarpered. Five minutes later gun shots could be heard. I watched from the safety of the road as they shot the lovely ducks I had been admiring only a few minutes earlier, poor things. That's what comes with living in the country. Sherlock (my dog) was not impressed either as his walk was not as long as we had intended it to be.

My living room windows have been looking very grimy for a few weeks now and I kept putting the job of cleaning them off. Well today,  in between snow showers I got the job done. Gave them a wash with soapy water first then I was out with my water & vinegar spray to finish them off. They do look lovely and clean now until a bird decides to muck them up again! Please wait until after christmas birds before you bombard my windows again.

Didn't know what to give daughter No3 for her lunch tomorrow so decided on making her some potato, cheese & onion pasties at 8.45pm! I made my own rough puff pastry then sauteed some onions, par boiled some cubed potatoes. I mixed the onions, potatoes and some grated cheese together and filled the pasties.


Popped them in the oven for 20 minutes. Daughter came in the kitchen when I took then from the oven. She took one look at them and said "cor, they are massive, I'll only eat half of one" Guess they are on the large size, should have made 3 instead of the 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment