Thursday 22 December 2011

Homemade Mc D



Firstly, welcome to my new followers, Anne and Debbie. Lovely to have you on board.

Fridges all cleaned and filled up today with my Tesco delivery. Keeping up with the ironing, don't want to end up with a massive pile to tackle after Christmas. I'm still not feeling christmassy. I'm feeling even less christmassy after my walk with the dog because the weather is so mild. Enjoying watching Christmas cookery programmes and documentaries about Christmas stuff.

Today we are having homemade beef burgers and daughter No3 has been wanting homemade onion rings with a meal for weeks now so I am making some today.

ONION RINGS

120g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
good grinding black pepper
1 egg
200ml milk
2 large onions
Breadcrumbs

Mix flour, baking powder, salt & pepper in a bowl.
Mix egg & milk in another bowl.
Slice onion and separate slices into circles. save smaller centres of onion to reuse in another dish.
Toss onion rings in the seasoned flour.
Mix egg & milk mixture into remaining flour.
Dip each onion ring in the batter then in the breadcrumbs.
Deep fry until golden brown.
Drain on kitchen paper.

The bits of leftover onion will be chopped and half added to my coleslaw,
and half added to the burger mix.
All that needs to be done now is the cooking

Better than any Mc D rubbish.

4 comments:

  1. I'm hungry now. I've never had a McD and never want to. Give me real food any day. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi that looks very tasty indeed. Homemade onion rings mmm. Save me some!
    I know it is funny weather being so mild. Cant see it being a white christmas. Not that i a complaining , son might though!
    Have a lovely christmas time x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious. Definitely better than MacDonalds.

    ReplyDelete