Friday 3 December 2010

Fed up of all this snow now!

Getting really fed up of the snow and ice now. It's been here since Monday and I've had enough! Had a horrible drive to work Tuesday night and an even worse drive back early Wednesday morning. Got my car halfway in the drive and it ground to a halt with spinning wheels. There was too much snow on my drive it all got clogged around my tires. I'd had enough so left the car and went to bed. Had a few hours sleep then daughter No3 helped me clear the drive and I was able to get my car off the road.


Not been in the car until this morning to go to my voluntary job. Had to visit the garage before going to my job to have them look at my exhaust on the car. My daughter No3 said I sounded like a boy racer car when I picked her up from college on Monday. Well it ended up costing me £157 for a new exhaust fitting, just what I needed on top of the week we've had.


Got a lot of soup made to stock up for the coming week. I made a batch of cauliflower and goats cheese soup. I made this with a 49p  reduced colly and a piece of goats cheese I found in the back of the freezer. The second soup was leek and potato made with 49p Aldi leeks.


They both taste really nice. Don't have to think about what to eat for lunch, just need to remember to take one from the freezer the night before to defrost.

No comments:

Post a Comment